|Voodoo Glow Skulls|
|Label(s)|| Victory |
Signal Sound Systems
El Pocho Loco
| Frank Casillas|
| Joey Hernandez|
Voodoo Glow Skulls are an American ska punk band formed in 1988 in Riverside, California by brothers Frank, Eddie and Jorge Casillas and their longtime friend Jerry O'Neill.
In 1990 Voodoo Glow Skulls put out their first EP with the help of local band Public Humiliation and also booked their own DIY US tour.
In 1991, the band added a horn section, consisting of Joey Hernandez on saxophone, Joe McNally on trumpet and Brodie Johnson on trombone. The band's first independent release came out in 1992 with the "Rasta Mis Huevos" 7" EP for Signal Sound Systems Records, and performed as headliners and support act for The Offspring, No Doubt, Reverend Horton Heat, and 311.
Voodoo Glow Skulls recorded their debut album Who Is, This Is? for Dr. Strange Records in 1993, selling 200,000 copies worldwide. The band then signed to Epitaph Records and released four albums that collectively sold over 750,000 copies worldwide. Voodoo Glow Skulls soon began receiving positive reviews and the mainstream support of commercial radio and MTV. Eventually they had main stage spot on the 1998 Warped Tour.
The band has been featured on several of Epitaph's "Punk-O-Rama" releases.
In 2001 Voodoo Glow Skulls left Epitaph Records and signed to Victory records. The band has released three albums on the Victory label and continue to tour.
In 2008, Voodoo Glow Skulls were featured as the headlining band for the "Ska Is Dead" tour.
- Frank Casillas - Vocals
- Eddie Casillas - Guitar
- Jorge Casillas - Bass
- Chris Dalley - Drums
- Eric Fazzini - Saxophone
- Ruben Durazo - Trombome
- Jerry O'Neill - Drums
- Joe McNally - Trumpet
- Brodie Johnson - Trombone
- Joey Hernandez - Saxophone
- James Hernandez - Saxophone
- The Old of Tomorrow 7" Ep - 1990 Goon Records
- We're Coloring Fun - 1992 Signal Sound Systems Records
- The Potty Training Years (1st release) - 1993 Signal Sound Systems Records
- Who Is, This Is? - 1993 Dr. Strange Records
- Firme - 1995 Epitaph
- Baile de Los Locos - 1997
- The Band Geek Mafia - 1998 #20 Heatseekers
- The Potty Training Years 1988-1992 - 2000 El Pocho Loco Records
- Symbolic - 2000
- Steady As She Goes - 2002
- Adicción, Tradición, Revolución - 2004
- Southern California Street Music - 2007
- Exitos Al Cabron - 1999
- Welcome to Califucknia - 1992 Signal Sound Systems Records
- Misfits of Ska - 1995 Asian Man Records
- Punk-O-Rama Vol. 2 - 1996
- Punk-O-Rama Vol. 3 - 1998
- Punk-O-Rama Vol. 4 - 1999
- Punk-O-Rama Vol. 5 - 2000
- Punk-O-Rama Vol. 6 - 2001
- Dive into Disney - 2002
- Forever Free A Sublime Tribute Album - 2006
- Ska is Dead - 2007
- "Kingrock Entertainment, Volume #1 - 2008
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Voodoo Glow Skulls. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Less Than Jake Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|