|Origin||New Brunswick, New Jersey|
|Associated Acts||Cobra Starship |
Band of Thieves
|Gabe Saporta |
Midtown was an American pop-punk band from New Brunswick, New Jersey formed in November 1998 by three Rutgers University students, Midtown soon became a quartet. The band took advantage of the fertile New Jersey punk scene to develop a sound that combined elements of emo and punk rock and began recording shortly after their formation. Their first EP, The Sacrifice of Life, was issued by Pinball Records in 1999. Their second album, Save the World, Lose the Girl, was released in early 2000 by the Drive-Thru Records label and picked up for distribution by MCA. After Living Well Is The Best Revenge was released they left the label. Their next album, Forget What You Know, was produced while the band was not under contract with a record label and then picked up by Columbia Records.
- The Sacrifice of Life EP (1999)
- Save the World, Lose the Girl (2000)
- Donots vs. Midtown Split 7" (2000)
- Millencolin/Midtown Split (2001)
- Living Well Is The Best Revenge (2002)
- Forget What You Know (2004)
- "Just Rock 'n' Roll"
- "Like a Movie"
- "Get It Together"
- "Give It Up" - #32 US Modern Rock
- "Empty Like the Ocean"
- Gabe Saporta - Lead Vocals/Bass
- Tyler Rann - Vocals/Guitar
- Heath Saraceno - Vocals/Guitar
- Rob Hitt - Drums
- Cobra Starship is the new project of Midtown's bassist and lead singer, Gabe Saporta. Their first single, "Bring It (Snakes on a Plane)", was featured on the soundtrack for the movie Snakes on a Plane. Their first album, While the City Sleeps, We Rule the Streets came out October 2006 and their second album ¡Viva La Cobra! came out on October 23rd, 2007.
- Heath Saraceno (vocals, guitar) now plays with the New Jersey based rock band Senses Fail. He and Senses Fail drummer, Dan Trapp, have a side-project called The Jettonnes.
- Rob Hitt (drums) has a record label, I Surrender Records. He shares the label with friend, Alex Sarti, and has signed bands such as Valencia, The High Court, Four Year Strong, and Permanent Me.
- Tyler Rann (guitar, vocals) sings in the band Band of Thieves.
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Midtown (band). The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Less Than Jake Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|