|Genre|| Alternative Rock |
|Associated Acts|| Mayday Parade |
Don't Die Cindy
Stages & Stereos
| Jason Lancaster|
Matt 'Burns' Poulos
| Tony Planas|
Go Radio formed in April 2007 after Jason Lancaster left Mayday Parade. Together with Matt 'Burns' Poulos, as well as Steven Kopacz and Patrick Hosey of the Florida band Don't Die Cindy, Lancaster started Go Radio. The name "Go Radio" was originally going to be the name of a Mayday Parade side project of Lancaster's. Hosey left the band in late 2007, and was replaced by Tony Planas.
In 2008 Go Radio released their debut EP Welcome To Life. Planas would leave the band in late 2008, and was replaced by Alex Reed, formerly of the Michigan band "Carawae". Reed contacted the band through Myspace and originally joined only as a touring guitarist, but was later promoted to a full time member.
Fearless Records and Do Overs and Second Chances (2009 - 2010)Edit
On September 8, 2009 the band released their first studio update. They revealed that they were in the process of recording a new EP with producers Zack Odom and Kenneth Mount, both of whom produced Mayday Parade's A Lesson in Romantics. On October 5, 2009, Go Radio released two of the songs from the EP on their Myspace. The band then signed to Fearless Records on January 21, 2010 and went on to release Do Overs and Second Chances as their Fearless Records debut on April 20, 2010.
Lucky Street and Warped Tour (2010 - 2011)Edit
In the July 2010 Issue of Alternative Press Jason Lancaster revealed that he had begun writing for Go Radio's debut LP for Fearless Records. On August 31, 2010 in Brooklyn, NY the band headed into the studio with Tim O’Heir (The All-American Rejects, Hot Rod Circuit, The Starting Line, Say Anything). They finished recording on September 29th, 2010. The resulting album, Lucky Street was released on March 1, 2011. The album was very well received by critics, and debuted #77 on the US Billboard 200 and debuted within the top 20 of the US Billboard Rock, Independent, and Alternative Albums charts. On June 6, 2011, a music video for the single "Any Other Heart" premiered on Vevo.
Go Radio will be playing the entire Warped Tour from June to August 2011.
|200||HEAT||IND||Alternative New Artist|
|2008|| Welcome to Life
|2010|| Do Overs and Second Chances 
|2011|| Lucky Street 
|2009||Why I'm Home||February 2, 2009||iTunes Single|
|Stay Gone||May 29, 2009||Stuff Scene Kids Like Free Download |
Early Unreleased DemosEdit
- Hollie Ollie Oxen Free
- I Wish It Would Snow
- That California Song
- "O Holy Night"
- The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus – Kick Your Own Ass Tour (opening act, 5/5 - 5/28 and 8/02 - 8/22 and 9/18, U.S.)
- A Day to Remember – Toursick 2010 (opening act, 4/19 - 5/16, U.S.)
- The Dangerous Summer – Reach for the Sun Tour 2010 (supporting act, 7/10 - 7/17, U.S.)
- Secondhand Serenade – Summer Tour (opening act, 7/20 - 8/8, U.S.)
- Mayday Parade – Fearless Friends Tour (opening act, supporting act on select dates, 10/13 – 11/28, U.S.)
- Emarosa w/ Chiodos, Go Radio, Decoder (supporting act, 2/15 - 3/5, U.S.)
- A Rocket to the Moon – On Your Side Tour (supporting act, 3/15 - 4/23, U.S.)
- Go Radio w/ Sparks the Rescue, This Century, Select Start – District Lines Tour (headliner, 5/5 - 5/28, U.S.)
- Warped Tour 2011 – Warped Tour 2011 (6/24 - 8/14, U.S. and Canada)
- Jason Lancaster –[lead vocals, guitar, piano (2007–present)
- Matt "Burns" Poulos – bass guitar, [[backing vocals (2007–present)
- Steven Kopacz – drums, percussion (2007–present)
- Alex Reed – guitar, backing vocals (2009–present)
- Patrick Hosey – guitar, backing vocals (2007)
- Tony Planas – guitar, backing vocals (2007–2008)
- ↑ Go Radio - Lucky Street - AbsolutePunk.net
- ↑ http://www.altpress.com/apr/117.htm
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 http://www.facebook.com/warpedtour/posts/129035487157560
- ↑ Alex Reed from Go Radio Interview
- ↑ Go Radio Enters Studio - AbsolutePunk.net
- ↑ Go Radio Sing to Fearless Records - AbsolutePunk.net
- ↑ Twitter / @Jason: In Brooklyn with Tim o'heir making the best record ever
- ↑ http://thesoundalarm.com/?p=3280
- ↑ http://twitter.com/GoJason/status/25938591198
- ↑ Go Radio Debuts At #8 On The Billboard Heatseekers Chart!
- ↑ http://www.billboard.com/#/album/go-radio/lucky-street/1472089
- ↑ The Dares - The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus Tour "Kick Your Own Ass" - various venues - (July/August 2009)
- ↑ Tour with The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus!!!
- ↑ JULY - AUGUST US/CANADA TOUR DATES!
- ↑ http://www.adtrofficial.com/news/6621
- ↑ July 2010 Tour Dates
- ↑ More tour with Secondhand Serenade, White Tie Affair & RunnerRunner
- ↑ http://fearlessrecords.com/fearlessfriends/
- ↑ Fearless Friends Tour dates - News Article - AbsolutePunk.net
- ↑ Emarosa and Chiodos Tour Dates
- ↑ "On Your Side" Tour w/ A Rocket to the Moon
- ↑ District Lines Headlining Tour Announcement
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Go Radio. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Less Than Jake Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|