|Armor for Sleep|
|Label(s)|| Sire |
| Ben Jorgensen |
Armor for Sleep was an American rock band from New Jersey, formed in 2001 and disbanded in 2009. The final lineup consisted of lead vocalist, guitarist and songwriter Ben Jorgensen, lead guitarist PJ DeCicco, bassist Anthony DiIonno and drummer Nash Breen.
After initial demos had been distributed, New York-based independent label Equal Vision Records signed the band and went onto release the concept-based albums, Dream to Make Believe (2003) and What to Do When You Are Dead (2005). The following year they signed to Sire Records/Warner Bros. and released their last album Smile for Them (2007). They announced their disbandment in October 2009.
The band was founded by Ben Jorgensen in 2001, in New Jersey. Jorgensen stated the name of the band, Armor for Sleep, comes from his early experiences of writing music and not being able to sleep. As he recalls, "I guess when I started the band I was kind of, like, retreating in my room and I kind of couldn't really fall asleep, so I started playing music. I just thought of the name Armor for Sleep, because it was really, the music was keeping me from passing out! Which was something I was procrastinating on."
The band originally signed to Equal Vision Records and released their first two albums, Dream to Make Believe in 2003 and What to Do When You Are Dead in 2005, with the label. Armor for Sleep signed to Warner Brothers/Sire Records in 2006 to release their third record, explaining it was "time for a change".
A Machine Shop remix of their track "Remember to Feel Real" was featured on the Snakes on a Plane soundtrack in August 2006. The band had a new track entitled "End of the World" on soundtrack for the 2007 film Transformers.
Their third full-length album Smile for Them was released on October 30, 2007.
On August 20, 2008, a blog entry on the band's website announced an extended play (EP), entitled The Way Out Is Broken. Armor for Sleep announced a recent unreleased track of theirs on their official website entitled, "Chameleons". The track was posted onto Supload.com to download.
On October 28, 2009 it was officially announced that the band would be parting ways. Frontman Ben Jorgensen released a statement informing fans of the inevitable, after the band had been inactive, not undertaking a tour for over a year.
Ben Jorgensen is currently doing vocals for God Loves a Challenge alongside Sierra Shardae.
PJ DeCicco has also moved on playing in Love Automatic with former Senses Fail bassist Mike Glita.
- Ben Jorgensen - vocals, guitar
- PJ DeCicco - guitar
- Anthony DiIonno - bass
- Nash Breen - drums
|Year||Album details||Chart peaks|
|Billboard 200||Top Independent Albums||Top Heatseekers|
|2003|| Dream to Make Believe
|2005|| What to Do When You Are Dead
|2007|| Smile for Them
|a "—" denotes an album did not chart|
|2008||The Way Out Is Broken|
|2003||"Dream to Make Believe"||Dream to Make Believe|
|2005||What to Do When You Are Dead|
|2005||"The Truth About Heaven"|
|2006||"Remember to Feel Real"|
|2007||"Williamsburg"||Smile for Them|
|2008||"Hold the Door"|
- Armor for Sleep released a limited number of DVDs with their second CD 'What to Do When You Are Dead' documenting how the record was made.
- The video for "Dream to Make Believe" is featured on the Homesick DVD that was released on September 7, 2004.
- A Comprehensive Guide To Touring was released on November 15, 2005.
- Armor for Sleep's song "End of the World" was featured on the movie Transformers.
- Armor for Sleep's song "Very Invisible" was featured on the soundtrack to the "Masters of Horror" series.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 http://www.alternativevision.co.uk/interview7.html
- ↑ http://www.armorforsleep.com/info
- ↑ 
- ↑ http://www.popculturemadness.com/interview/Armor-For-Sleep.html
- ↑ http://www.armorforsleep.com/news/2008/01/28/interview-ben. Originally from 
- ↑ http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?p=5393262
- ↑ The Way Out Is Broken
- ↑ http://armorforsleep.com/news/2009/05/05/unreleased-song
- ↑ Armor For Sleep break up
- ↑ http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&searchlink=ARMOR%7CFOR%7CSLEEP&sql=11:jcfqxq80ldse~T5
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Armor for Sleep. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Less Than Jake Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|